The data feed provides a downloadable database of the registered IP Netblocks (IP ranges) with detailed information regarding each range.
The data is collected from the 5 initial sources on a daily basis
The resulting database is a joint dataset, post-processed to get unified and consistent format and data. The output format is JSON where every row is a separate JSON object. It allows parallel processing in your systems.
The database comes in two forms
- Current database — a full database of all the IP Netblocks for a given date in unified and consistent JSON format.
- Today database — changes in full IP Netblocks database compared to the previous date. Includes added, dropped and modified IP ranges since yesterday.
Downloading the datafeed files
To get access to the Database files from the paths, you need to provide valid credentials. Username and password are equal to your personal API Key which you can obtain from the My Products page.
- Base path: http://ip-netblocks-api.whoisxmlapi.com/datafeeds/
- Current databases are named in format: "ip_netblocks_current_%DATE%.jsonl.gz", e.g. "ip_netblocks_current_2018-03-29.jsonl.gz".
- Today databases are named in format: "ip_netblocks_today_%DATE%.jsonl.gz", e.g. "ip_netblocks_today_2018-04-12.jsonl.gz".
- File storage time: every file is available for 3 months since its creation date.
Average file sizes
|Current database||Today database|
Output fields’ descriptions
|inetnum||e.g. "0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255"|
|inetnumFirst||first IP as integer value, e.g. "134744072" (which is "188.8.131.52: in IP notation)|
|inetnumLast||last IP as integer value|
|netname||name of the IPs range|
|modified||date of the last change (e.g. 2018-05-25T10:20:58Z)|
|country||2 chars' country code|
|city||name of city|
list of administrative contacts
|adminContact||list of administrative contacts|
|techContact||list of technical contacts|
organisation registered the range
list of maintainers who are able to update the IPs range
|mntDomains||list of domains' maintainers|
|mntLower||list of maintainers who are able to change sub ranges|
|mntRoutes||list of maintainers of routing info|
|action||is present in Today database only. Specifies modification type: "add", "drop" or "change"|